Helpguide, a joint project of the Rotary Club of Santa Monica and Center for Healthy Aging, contains over 110 articles written by a consortium of professionals on topics of mental health and aging well.
Each article contains clearly-written expert information and links to quality non-commercial websites to enable readers to delve deeper into their topic of interest. A sampling of the articles on Helpguide includes:
- Mental and Emotional Health
- Coping with Loss: Guide to Grieving and Bereavement
- Helping / Supporting Someone Who Is Grieving
- Depression: Signs, Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment Strategies
- Domestic Violence and Abuse: Types, Signs, Symptoms, Causes, and Effects
- Drug and Substance Abuse: Signs, Effects, and Treatment of Addiction
- Eating Disorders: Types, Risk Factors, and Treatments
- Stress: Signs and Symptoms, Causes and Effects
- Understanding and Helping the Suicidal Person
- Lifelong Wellness
- Elder Care
- Helpguide had over 281,000 visitors during April 2005.
- Helpguide was honored as a bronze winner in the public service category of the 2005 Horizon Interactive Awards!
- Helpguide was featured as a resource in the following online news stories:
Visit Helpguide today!